HARLEM WEEK offers exeptional high school and college students the opportunity to make important contributions as an intern with HARLEM WEEK, Inc. as well as with some of our key partners, in a challenging and rewarding work experience during the summer months. We are seeking dynamic students interested in a variety of fields business, community development, political service, technology, entertainment, etc, so that we may match these students with the best possible internship during the summer months
1. All Applicants must have a 2.50 or above GPA
2. Internships/Scholarships are available to the following: graduating high school seniors, GED certificate recipients, trade school applicants, graduating adults, college students entering graduate school and adults over 50 pursuing a first time degree.
3. Applicant must submit 2 letters of recommendation.
4. Preference will be given to applicants who have or are demonstrating community involvement.
5. Preference will be given to applicants attending an Historical Black College or University
6. Applicants requesting scholarships must provide the Committee with evidence of their acceptance to an institution of higher learning or where they are currently enrolled.
7. Our college scholarship financial assistance may be utilized by the student for tuition and/or any other expenses asociated with the student’s needs (i.e books, clothing, educational equipment, travel, etc.)